09-02-2026 Wednesday, Edenvale Winery, Medford, OR
![]() |
| Edanvale Lot B |
We are on the road again. This trip, we are heading to California. Going back to the Bay Area. Yep, our old stomping grounds. I'm hooking up with Lisa for several days to visit the area's National Parks. I know, I lived there and have been to most of them, but not all. Plus, I now have my Passport Books to fill with stamps and stickers, so we will be hitting those parks, too. Busy month planned with national park visits, having a research day and lunch with my AWG writing group, Bingo with Renee, and hopefully a day of shopping in Niles, a family picnic in the middle of the month, and a visit with Ashlee and her family in Pacific Grove. Then, on the way home, Lassen Volcanic National Park. Hopefully it is not snowing when we get there.
It rained the entire way to Edenvale Winery in Medford. This is our first stop. Edenvale is a Harvest Host, so we have no hookups for the night. Once we got the RV parked and the slides out, Barry went to turn on the generator for heat, and nothing... seriously... nothing. We looked at each other and said, screw it and went to the tasting room. We love this winery; if you have read previous trips, you are aware. Taja was behind the tasting bar and we love her. She is very knowledgeable and has been with Edenvale for over 10 years.
They now have a restaurant, The Voorhies Lounge, in the historic Voorhies Mansion next to the tasting room. Taja showed us the menu, and our roasted chicken from Fred Meyer would have to wait another day. We purchased our wine, put it in the Jeep, and walked over to the Mansion to see what they have done with it. It's so cool inside. They have a room you can sit in and order drinks, called the library. It's lined with books. I found it interesting that a few of the shelves were lined with law books, the ones that all look the same. You see them in all the TV shows with attorneys. There are two dining rooms and another sitting room with a fireplace. We took our wine back to Julie, changed our clothes (we were in sloppy sweats) to look a little more presentable. Barry called Aaron (he's in charge of Harvest Host) to ask if, by chance, there is a 110 plug we could tap into. And yes, there is one on the barn we are parked in front of. No freezing tonight, after all. Barry will hook us up after dinner.
Back at the Mansion, we ordered drinks and dinner. I ordered the Lemon Scampi Pasta and Barry the Steak Frites. I also ordered a small Caesar for us to share. OMG, the Caesar dressing was fabulous. The only other Caesar dressing I really like is from Barbara, one of our neighbors from Castro Valley. If I could have purchased a gallon to take with me, I would have.
Our entrees came and I LOVED MINE!! I have never had shrimp scampi pasta that tasted so wonderful. I have no idea what seasonings, other than garlic, were used. Barry said his steak frites were perfect. We could not understand why the restaurant was not full. We would be regulars if we lived in the area. If you are going through Medford, Oregon, you have to stop here for dinner. And dessert was to die for: a banana cookie pie! It was similar to a cheesecake but lighter. Talk about knock your socks off. It was incredible. Again, I would have loved to take the whole pie home. My favorite dessert is tarimasu and this would rival that. I have not had a dinner this great in a very long time.
Once back at the RV, Barry connected us to power. We only ran one heater during the night, but it was enough. Tomorrow is another day.
![]() |
| Crazy clouds when we arrived |


Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.