09-13-2026 Catch Up Day for Me-Bird Watching-Dumbarton Quarry RV Park, Fremont, CA
Today was a catch-up day. Barry went to visit the old neighborhood, but I was behind on my blog and wanted to spend time with our new spotting scope, so I didn't join him.
I started working on my blog, but Blogger got difficult again when I tried to upload photos. I'm really getting frustrated with Blogger. I think I'll have to research something else when I get home. Instead, I closed my computer and went to the pond with my new spotting scope.
I spent time learning how to use it, moved it around on the tripod, and turned all the knobs to see what they do. Plenty of birds in the pond to focus on, so it was a lot of fun. The birds hanging out at the pond included Marbled Godwits, Greater Yellowlegs, Black-necked Stilt (only 2), Mallards, and a Great White Pelican. The Black-necked Stilt and Pelican were my favorite.
I also experimented with attaching my iPhone to the spotting scope and taking pictures. Aligning the correct iPhone lens with the attachment was a challenge, but I finally got the hang of it. I got a great shot of one of the Pelicans with its beak open. I think most of the photos were a bit blurry, but a few turned out. This pond is a great place to birdwatch. I wonder what it's like in the springtime.
I also got a text from Renee with two photos of Gillan after her surgery today. She had lumps removed. Poor baby, she was still woozy when Renee brought her home. I will see Renee and Gillan next week when I spend a few days with them. Can't wait.
Barry didn't get home until around 7:00 PM, and he gave me the rundown on everyone he saw. All are doing great.
![]() |
| American White Pelican. It looks prehistoric with its beak open. |
![]() |
| Black-necked Stilt |
![]() |
| Poor Gillan. |





Comments
Post a Comment
All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members, particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.