October 17, 2022 Weekly Recap


JAUNTS
No jaunts this week. 

CLASSES
Tuesday started my AppGen class titled, "Lost & Overwhelmed AncestryDNA - Sorting, Organizing and Using Results to Grow Your Family Tree" taught by Mary Kircher Roddy, CG®
This class is one that I have been excited about. I gave this idea to Lisa and she presented it to her group. Mary said she could teach it. The first session was interesting and I was able to complete the homework on time. Now waiting for Mary's comments. 

VOLUNTEER WORK
This was the week I volunteered at the FHL on Wednesday evening. I learned how to use the new Epson flatbed scanner. I was able to scan some of my larger photos. I still need to label and file them. 

WEBINARS
"Verifying Descent from Salem's Accused Witches" presented by David Allen Lambert and American Ancestor's by New England Historic Genealogical Society
Barry attended this also. His family claims that one of their ancestors is Mary Estes. She was hung as a witch during the Salem Witch Trials. 

I hosted CGS' presentation on Saturday, "Ancestral Time Travels: Timelines" presented by Jennifer Holick. I have known Jennifer for about 5 years. I hired her to help obtain documents of my Grandpa Griffin's time in WWII. I also was in a few of her writing groups. I loved the presentation. 

MEETINGS
CGS Membership Sub-Committee
FHL Volunteer Mtg. 

OTHER STUFF
Picked up the framing I had done at Michaels®. It was a week overdue and I still had to wait a few more days. Michaels® is aware I was not a happy customer. A photo of the framing is below. It's the tallest one. I purchased the canvas from Amazon.com and I absolutely love it. I'm over the moon about how our mantle looks this year for Halloween.


This was also Bingo week. I have not been in a few months due to our traveling. It was fun to see everyone again. I came home with one prize so Barry is happy. He would be happier if I came home with nothing....LOL!

I worked all week on decorating the inside of the house and Barry worked on the front yard. First Halloween since the pandemic shutdown. We are expecting 500-600 kids this year. Unfortunately, I paid for it all week. Major hip and back pain all week. 





Copyright © 2022 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach

Week 52 – Theme "Future" – 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks THREET FAMILY PHOTO FUTURE PROJECT

2023-03-25 Saturday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground