December 27, 2021 – January 2, 2022 Weekly Recap




JAUNTS
Had lunch with Renee at SOLA on Wednesday.

I met Lisa at the Oakland FamilySearch Library twice this week. It was nice to be in the library again. On the way out Thursday I left after dark and all the Christmas lights were on and they have music playing. I have never seen the temple lite up for the holidays before. The temple was beautiful. 

 


VOLUNTEER WORK AND MEETINGS
I was able to get caught up with CGS events and requested postings to the Bay Area Genealogy Calendar and ConferenceKeeper. I also sent out an email blast with the California  Research Series flyer. When I was at the FSL library I printed off the CGS California Research Series flyer and left them. I need to take some color ones next week. 

I did not attend any meetings. 

CALLS
Lisa and I had our call Monday and that was when we planned to go to the Oakland FSL on Tuesday and then also ended up going on Thurs. 

Had our Amigos call on Tuesday. Stewart was not able to make it. Was nice to have Linda join again. 

We had a facetime call with Ryan, Amanda, Addison, and Tucker on New Year's Eve. We talked for over an hour.  At one point Tucker decided to put a red yarn ball on the end of his nose. I just cracked up. I laughed so hard I had tears. We all told him he needed antlers. He disappeared and about 5 minutes later he comes out with antlers taped to his head. We all busted up. He was cracking up too. I swear that kid will be a comedian. He always makes us laugh. What a great way to start the new year! (See photos below)

WEBINAR MEETINGS
I attended a webinar put on by Zoom about Zoom basics and the difference between meetings and webinars. Very informative. I did learn that breakout rooms are only for meetings. 

BOOKS READING AND COMPLETED
I started these 2 books earlier this year and still have not finished them. I will try to finish by the end of January 2022. Well, I still have not done any reading. 
1. Company Commander Charles B. MacDonald (some day I will finish this)
2. Zotero for Genealogy: Harnessing the Power of Your Research Donna Cox Baker

You can see Barry cracking up in
the upper right hand corner

I'm cracking up this time


Ouch when the tape comes off


He is just too funny



Copyright © 2021 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

05-02-23 Bakersfield to Needles, California 5+ hours

2023-03-31 Friday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach