June 21 – 27, 2021

JAUNTS 
No jaunts this week due to GRIP (see below)

VOLUNTEER WORK AND MEETINGS
GRIP (Genealogical Institute of Pittsburg) – I was in GRIP all week. This year it was virtual again. It's normally held at La Roach College in Pittsburgh. I like the convenience of virtual but miss the camaraderie of attending in person, hopefully next year. This year's class I attended was, "Answering the Call of Uncle Sam: Research in Military Records" taught by Sandra Rumble and Jonathan Deiss who are excellent instructors. This covered wars in the 19th century meaning any war prior to WWI. We had lots of hands on exercises and documents to review. I have to say this was the best institute session I have attended. I hope I can put what I learned to practice. I have a few ancestors that I need to send for their CSMR (Compiled Service Military Record). I need to get on the ball!

GRIP also offered free evening presentations. I attended three of the four:
  1. What’s New at the Family History Library and FamilySearch (David Rencher)
  2. Whose Estate Is It Any Way! (Kelvin Myers)
  3. Besieged by Baxters: A Case Study for a Common Name (Rebecca Koford)
LISA CALL
No call due to GRIP.

AMIGOS CALL (LISA, LINDA, STEWART)
Short call due to GRIP 4PM speaker.

WEBINAR MEETINGS
Attended CGS webinar "What’s New at the Family History Library and FamilySearch." 

BOOKS READING AND COMPLETED
Mastering Genealogical Documentation Thomas W. Jones (prep for next GRIP)
Company Commander Charles B. MacDonald (some day I will finish this)
Zotero for Genealogy: Harnessing the Power of Your Research Donna Cox Baker

Copyright © 2021 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.


Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

05-02-23 Bakersfield to Needles, California 5+ hours

2023-03-31 Friday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach