2023-03-25 Saturday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground




My Man!
Steps today - 14,442

Saturday, and so much for sleeping in. The Reynolds daughter Brook, son-in-law Aaron, granddaughter Kensley, and grandson Arik arrived this morning. Soon we heard Kensley and Arik at our door to say hello. They seemed excited to see us, and they gave big hugs to both of us. Then, they told us about school, and everything they have been doing, as much as an 8 and 10-year-old can say to you. Then back over to abuela and papa's RV. 

Soon after, we were off to Pismo Beach. We drove to the left, went as far as we could, then turned around and headed toward the far-end gate. The part of the beach you can drive on was so short compared to before, but it was due to the recent storms. The Reynolds were ahead of us, and as we passed the first gate, a guy flagged us down. His truck was stuck, and he needed a tow to get out of the hole he was in. Barry said sure, and I texted the others to let them know what was happening. They pulled off of the beach highway and waited for us. 

Barry got out his brand-new tow rope and hooked the guy up. He told the guy to put his truck in reverse, but he did not understand that and had it in neutral. I had to say to him a few times, "no, you have to be in reverse." But, once he did that, pulling him out was no problem. Below is a video I took of the process. 



Done with that, we headed up the beach to find the Reynolds. Kensley and Jan were in the middle of the sand highway, crazily waving us down. They were obviously having too much fun. We headed to the gate and off to downtown. 

Kensley and Jan

Downtown was bustling, and we drove around looking for parking. We ended up parking apart from each other. I wanted to go to the kite store, so Barry and I headed that way. The rest of the party headed toward the beach. I picked out a kite with the help of the store owner. I also bought a mini Easter flag. It matches the pillows I have for the front porch. I saw it on display outside the store when we drove through town on Thursday on our way to the campground. 


We hooked up with the group on the Pismo pier and decided to walk to the end. We watched the surfers try to navigate the waves, but they could have done better. Many people fish off the pier, which does not require a license. I am trying to remember that from last time. We did not see anyone hauling in any fish. The weather was excellent, with a slight breeze, but I did not mind. I run hot most of the time now. 

There is a massive shark in a playground off the side of the pier, and we watched the kids play on it for a bit. Arik acted like the shark was eating him and being swallowed; he can be very entertaining. 

We decided we wanted to have some drinks and munchies, so we ended up at Wooly's Beach Bar and Grill right on the beach. Busy place, but we did not wait too long for our food. We each had drinks, and the food consisted of tacos, onion rings, deep-fried calamari, and fries. The kids had kid burgers. This is the second day we have had fried food, which is abnormal. Oh boy! So much for keeping our weight in check before our Utah trip in May. Aaaagggg!

After Jan, Brook and I walked up to a shop we liked. Jan and I bought a pair of flip-flops, and Brook bought a few cute clothes. After I purchased my fit flops and told Jan the guys texted they were at Harry's Night Club and Beach Bar, I decided to meet up with Barry and Ken. Brook was still trying on clothes. The bouncers were carding everyone. Once they checked my ID, they put a wristband on me and stamped the inside of my wrist. A band played, and I found the guys sitting at the bar. I ordered a Midori Sour after I saw the bartender make one. It was the best Midori Sour I have had. This place was hopping, and a lot of regulars frequented here. 

We kept waiting for Jan and Brook to show up. Ken finally texted them, and they walked right by the Harry's. We found them up the street on the corner waiting for us. Sometimes coordinating this group is challenging, but we always have a great time. 

We headed back to camp. Kensley and Arik wanted to go to the beach, and even though it was about an hour before sundown, they put on their swimsuits. Ken and Jan, Us, and their grandkids headed to the beach. It was chilly, but the kids stripped to their swimsuits and played on the beach. We sat on the beach, waited for the sunset, took photos, and enjoyed watching the kids play. Sunset was around 7:15 PM. I could not believe how the kids played in the chilly wind. All of us were getting chilly, but the kids were running around like it was 80 degrees. Finally, we saw the sunset and headed back. Arik was whining about how he could not feel his feet or hands and had frostbite, LOL! Poor guy, he was freezing. 




My boots and a jeep very
similar to ours



Mine and Jan's twin boots in the sand
                                   





Once we got back and warmed up, Barry built a fire, and he and I made s'mores. The kids were wiped out and already asleep. We enjoyed the fire for a bit, and then we hit the hay. Hectic day, and we were also wiped out. 



All photos are owned by the author, with the exception of "My Man" by Jan Reynolds. Thank you, Jan, for sharing this photo. 
Copyright © 2023 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

  1. This looks like another great adventure!! Barry a-k-a Bear to the rescue!!! Bet they were happy!! Eat candy for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

05-02-23 Bakersfield to Needles, California 5+ hours

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach