2023-03-24 Friday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground


Steps Today - 5,532

We slept great last night. Barry was up early and made coffee and tea. I got up around 9:00 AM and sat on the sofa with my yummy hot cup of tea! I planned to read the handout for my 4:30 PM class today with Tom Jones, Advanced Genealogical Writing Skills Using Word. 

About an hour later, Jan came over and said there was an Italian market on the other side of Pismo, and she wanted to go check it out. She needed to buy gnocchi for a dish she is cooking in the next few nights. So, we hopped in their jeep, and off we went. 

Our first stop was the RV dealer down the street. We wanted to walk through the Newmar's we saw as we drove in yesterday. A few new models were right up front. We spent about an hour there, but the person helping us was not pushy and answered all our questions. They have five models we walked through, including a Tiffin Phaeton. All were beautiful, and I thought they were reasonably priced, but Barry thought they were a bit high. Jan loved the most expensive Newmar model. I am trying to remember the model, but it might have been the Dutch Star which is Newmar's top-of-the-line. Barry liked the Canyon Star. Newmar makes an excellent coach, and the Phaeton was used but only had 24,000 miles on it. It was beautiful. Dream, Dream, Dream...

The next stop was the Pismo RV Resort. We are staying there in July for fireworks. Jan and Ken wanted to ask about the membership pricing and get an idea of where our sites will be in July. No such luck with the sites. They are tight-lipped with that information. However, K & J got all their questions answered about buying into the membership. 

Now off to the Italian market. It was about a 10-minute drive to the other side of Pismo. What a great little shop. Fresh fruit outside in little baskets, oranges, cumquats, lemons, and strawberries. On the inside, they have many varieties of pasta, multiple types of olives, pickled veggies, spices, wines, and a small bakery up front. I wanted to buy everything but settled on nutmeg cookies and two types of mousses for dessert later in the week. 

Well, once again, we decided to eat lunch out. We stopped at the Beer Blast for lunch on our way back. So much for reading the handout to prepare for my class. We had to wait about 15 minutes. They had many empty seats, but they needed more servers. We were seated at a window seat with a beautiful ocean view. The bar was all wood and nice looking. Everyone ordered a beer except me. I ordered an Ace Pineapple cider on tap. It was delicious. My favorite brand of cider.  

K & Jan were meeting some friends at a restaurant tonight, and we were invited to join them. I stayed behind, so I could attend my class, and Barry went with them. Jan dropped off the chicken broccoli casserole for dinner later when they returned. She would text me later about when to put it in the oven and what temperature to bake it. It looked yummy, but I was still full from Beer Blast. 

They took off at about 4:30 PM, and I got on my zoom call for my Microsoft Word class. Great class, and I learned a few new things about Word. I'm glad I took this class. It has helped me a lot. Text received, casserole in the oven, word class done. I called Lisa right after the class to discuss a few things about Word.  Once we finished our discussion, I decided to walk around the campground. It was getting cold, and I could not wait to get back into the warm RV. 

The others returned, and there was some discussion about cooking the casserole at 325° or 350°. I had two different directions from Jan and Barry. I did 325°, but it should have been 350°. We all laughed about it, and I cranked it to 350°. It was hot and ready in 15 minutes. We each had a small scoop, and I do not know why because I was still full, and they had munchies while out with K & J's friends. Barry and I loved the casserole, and I asked Jan for the recipe. The great thing is you can freeze what you do not eat. 

Ken and Jan had a great time catching up with their friends. Apparently, there was a band who ended up playing K & J's song, so they hit the dance floor. Barry talked so much that his throat was somewhat hoarse. 

It was a very busy day for all, and only the second day. Oh boy! And tomorrow, K & J's daughter, son-in-law, and two grandkids will be here. The last time we saw them was almost a year ago, and looking forward to seeing them. So we know it will be a crazy day tomorrow. 

Good night from Pismo Beach!


Ken & Jan having a great time

Barry also having a great time


Restaurant the three went to.
Polaroid photos everywhere

I think this is the most giant Hawk
I have ever seen!!


All photos are courtesy of the author. 



Copyright © 2022 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

2023-03-25 Saturday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach

Week 52 – Theme "Future" – 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks THREET FAMILY PHOTO FUTURE PROJECT