02/21/22 Weekly Recap


JAUNTS
Tuesday, we went to Modesto to visit Uncle Richard and his fiancé Laura. He had grandpa’s wooden plates grandpa brought back from Germany when he fought in World War II. My mom gave them to Uncle Richard at some point and now he was moving in with Laura, he was passing them onto me. I've only had photos of these and now I have the actual plates. My heart is happy!! Laura fixed us a great lunch and her daughter Linda and son-in-law Walt joined us. They wanted to meet us before the wedding in April. We had a great time and look forward to getting to know them. 

Spent Friday and Saturday at our friends Ken & Jan Reynolds. We worked Friday afternoon on our trip to The Mighty Five Parks in Utah next year. This includes Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, and Zion National Park. We will be gone for over a month and it takes a bit of planning for a trip this long. We made great progress. For dinner Jan baked a lasagna with homemade noodles Aaron made. Dinner was yummy. The next day Aaron, Brook and their kids came over for pizza. Brook made the pizzas and Ken cooked the pizzas in their pizza oven in the backyard. Again, a yummy meal. 

VOLUNTEER WORK
I spent numerous hours on CGS emails, putting together information on spreadsheets, and trying to get a plan together for myself since I’m in charge of booking speakers for CGS. I feel tremendous pressure right now with this new responsibility. 

WEBINARS
I only attended the following, From Piles to Files: Organize Your Genealogy presented by Teresa Steinkamp McMillin. 

CALLS
Met with Lisa on Monday. Asked her to give her farm talk and she agreed. I attended our Amigos call on Thursday, Linda and Stuart were not able to attend. 

OTHER STUFF
I finely pulled the plug and purchased Photoshop Elements and decided to buy Photoshop Elements for Dummies. Now to learn to use it. 

I used my new photo box to take the photos below and I’m happy with this purchase. These are the plates from my grandfather I referred to above. 














  


  
































Copyright © 2021 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

  1. What beautiful and unusual plates. Enjoy your new treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

05-02-23 Bakersfield to Needles, California 5+ hours

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach

2023-03-25 Saturday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground