Week 52 – Theme "Future" – 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks THREET FAMILY PHOTO FUTURE PROJECT

Week 52 – Theme "Future" – 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
This is my first year working on this year-long weekly writing prompts provided by Amy Johnson Crow and posted on her Generations Cafe Facebook page. I will do my best to write something each week. 

THREET FAMILY PHOTO FUTURE PROJECT


Back Row-Billie Mack, Donal Dean, Samuel, Wilma Sue, Willie, Floyd Junior, James Elice
Front Row-Ernie, Sylvia, Bruce Travis, Clara Marie, Sandra Kay, Roger Dale

The above photo is of my father’s family. My father was born Billie Mack Threet, AKA Billy Max Threet, and has ten siblings. I do not know when he changed the spelling of his first and middle names. This is a something I would like to narrow down in the future. 

Another 2022 future goal I have is to write a small piece about each of his siblings and parents. I don’t know much about the early years of dad’s family or vital records dates, but my future goal of 2022 is to try to write down what I do know and possibly learn something new. Hopefully with the release of the 1950 census in April I will make a few discoveries. 

I do know the family moved from Texas when my dad was 14. Some of the family came by car, some by train and not all at the same time. I believe most of the siblings were born in Texas or Oklahoma but again I will need to confirm. 

So far, I have a few goals in mind but in the next few days I will need to narrow them down.

2022 GOALS (not in any specific order yet)
1. Writing 
a. Small vignettes about my dad’s siblings
b. Small vignettes about my mother’s siblings
c. Be consistent about writing the 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks from Amy Johnson Crow’s writing prompts
2. Continue writing about my dad
3. Organize and scan photos, file appropriately
4. Organize and scan vital records, file appropriately

As I look at this list, I’m already feeling a tiny overwhelmed so I will need to be more specific and not so generic. I think that will help.

Happy New Year Everyone!


Copyright © 2021 by Jacqueline Threet Henderson, Jacqueline's Jaunts. All rights reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

Popular posts from this blog

05-02-23 Bakersfield to Needles, California 5+ hours

2023-03-25 Saturday Pismo Beach Oceano Campground

June 26 through June 30, 2023 Pismo Beach